Monday 2 December 2013

Fourth Post: Asda 'Kickin Piri Piri Chicken' pizza




Tonight on 'Adventures in Depressing Food for One' I will be looking at an asda 'Kickin Piri Piri Chicken' pizza. I actually really like this one, so tonight the depressing aspect will be the fact that I only just got home from work, and that fact that I will be eating the whole pizza myself which watching 'Agents of Shield'.I'm fairly sure this episode started off with a reference to the biscuit attack thing from mitchell and web

That Mitchell And Webb Look - Biscuit Man www.youtube.com

Unlike the pizza I discussed earlier in the week where the peppers were mashed beyond recognition, this has at least some strips, allowing the diner to discern whether the vegetable was substandard, damaged, or used for sexual gratification by a factory worker. 

I'm used to getting a lot of onion on a pizza, but never before have I had pretty much a whole slice of onion. Like just a wedge. I'm tempted to remove it, but I think for the integrity of the review, I must persevere.It has a face on it like it knows what's coming. The texture is unpleasantly squishy and moist. It kind of tastes like sadness.
NOOOOOOOO!

The best part of this pizza is the chicken. It's really flavoursome, with a delicious limey zing. Its quite dry, but in the really pleasant way that meat can be dry and still tender. You know that you aren't just filling up on water-engorged crap. You are eating PURE meat. If they made a beef jerky pizza, I would buy it.

Someone on the production team of Agents of Shield clearly doesn't understand how compasses work.

I just...I don't know where to go with this

Toby:
Wow. wow. much stupidity. very bad compass. wow

Arthur: Shame, its quite a good show!

The Roundup!

Direction of Asda from my house: East by Eastwest
Most alarming ingredient discovery: Piri Piri Chicken - 87% chicken. There's an awful lot of 'not-chicken' in my chicken given my previous statement.
Highlight of the ad breaks: christmas version of the dancing pony! Love that song.
Rating: 9/10, would definitely recommend, this pizza is delicious

The Scale of the Onion is Impressive

Bonus points for identifying the six items visible on my floor.

Fergus: There's a lot the production team behind 'Agents Of Shield' doesn't understand.

Amanda: reminds me of this: http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/110413



Miranda: As someone who lived in the land of piri piri for many years I find the current English obsession to basically piri pirify everything (I saw coleslaw last week) completely bewildering and terrifying. These are the rules: only chicken, only grilled bits on the bone, not a runny sauce and if possible only eaten in Guia (although there is a great place in Algoz) Thank you.
Having said that piri piri hummus from sainsbury is deeelish!!

The time for the 'items on my floor' competition has passed. The answers from left to right were:A Guitar
A blanket

the cable of an xbox controller
a Virtis 45 Homogenizer
A coke bottle
and a label maker



Don't Ask

No comments:

Post a Comment